Subject Details - Stage 1 Nepalese 2
|SACE Stage||SACE Stage 1
|SACE Credits||10 credits
|Subject Length||1 semester
|Description||Language and Culture - Nepalese - is undertaken as a 10-credit subject at Stage 1.
|Subject Outcomes||Students develop the ability to communicate effectively and appropriately in the Nepalese language in a variety of contexts for a range of purposes and audiences. Students:
• interact with others to exchange information, ideas, opinions, and experiences in the target language
• create oral, written, and multimodal texts for a range of purposes and audiences
• present informed views, supporting their opinions with evidence.
|Assessment||The following assessment types enable students to demonstrate their learning in Stage 1 Language and Culture:
• Assessment Type 1: Text Analysis
• Assessment Type 2: Communication Activity
• Assessment Type 3: Group Activity.
For a 10-credit subject, it is recommended that students provide evidence of their learning through four or five assessments, with at least one assessment from each assessment type. Each assessment type should have a weighting of at least 20%.
For a 20-credit subject, it is recommended that students provide evidence of their learning through eight to ten assessments, with at least two assessments from each assessment type. Each assessment type should have a weighting of at least 20%.
|Additional Information||The subject is delivered by the Adelaide School of Languages at SEHS after hours.