Enrol in a Course
Subject Details - Stage 1 Metal Technology B - let's design and make metal projects
SACE Stage 1
Students develop skills in metal fabrication and welding through the development of a project which also requires designing and problem solving.
At the end of the semester students will have:
• Students will have the opportunity to use Gas (Braze and Fusion) welding techniques, and MIG and TIG electric welding techniques to build their own projects. Students can also use a Plasma Cutter to cut and shape their steel projects.
• Learn to use a metal machining lathe using the Hercus Metal Lathe.
• Students will engage in project design and problem solving exercises associated with metal fabrication
• They will need to complete required summative theory tasks such as Safety and Machine operations.
• Students will design their own personal projects, such as a metal Toolbox, or a machine vice, or other as negotiated.
• Building confidence and skills are important parts of our course.
Advice To Students
It is preferred that students have year 10 experience in Metal Technology. An exit point after one semester is available and new students can enter the course in Semester Two. This stage one Metal Technology course is valuable background for the continuing into Stage 2 studies.
It is preferred that students have year 10 experience in Metal Technology. An exit point after one semester is available and new students can enter the course in Semester Two. This stage one Metal Technology course is valuable background for the continuing into Stage 2 Technology studies.
High levels of Personal and Workshop Safety are required by students working in workshops.
Students who wish to do extensions to the core may need to cover the cost of additional materials
© 2006-2021 eSchool Solutions